House on the Bend


6" x 8"
oil on panel

You can view and purchase this painting here.

Another entry into this month's Virtual Paintout location of Slovenia.

Some progress shots:

Working on a yello-ochreish ground. I sketched the scene with magenta, and here I'm putting in the shadowed areas with permanent violet.

The underpainting for the sunlit areas.

I decided to do the sky first. I usually save it for last, but I'm rethinking that approach. The sky colors the entire scene so it's a key element in determining all the other colors. I also did the road, which is reflecting a lot of the sky.

Now the brightest areas, especially the corner of the house where the sun is hitting.

The far trees, the houses in the middle distance, some more detail here and there. Almost done.



Comments

Popular Posts