Killo



5" x 7"
oil on canvas panel

You can view and purchase this painting here.


Anyone from Raleigh will recognize Killo Pest Control!

I've always enjoyed that name every time I pass, and I was very disappointed when I learned that it's just the name of the owner. Nothing to do with KILLING.

I shouldn't have told you either...


The sketch. A little hard to see.

The sunlit areas. There aren't many. I decide to leave the sky until the end - just for practical reasons:
so there's a dry place for me to rest my hand.

The shadows.

Now that the sky is in, I can see some problems with the values and colors. The building in back is too brightly colored. The window area is too warm. The shadow side of Killo is too bright, with too much contrast.

The behind-building looks much better. Also added some detail in the garage - there's a fence of some kind. Now all I have to do is fix the shadow side of Killo and add a few more details.

Comments

Popular Posts