50 Starts - Start 15, Green Bowl and Green, er, something...



7x7", water-soluble oils

I painted this in response to the Limited Stroke challenge. It was terribly difficult for me to make myself do this, but a very good practice. The result is an awful mess of sludgy paint, but I did come away with a much stronger painting than I usually achieve. Somewhere or other I saw a motto that said "Move toward discomfort" and apparently there's much truth in it.

And speaking of discomfort, that jar in the back turned out a lot more phallic-shaped than in real life! Oh well, I'll only sell this one in the adult section of the art gallery :D

Click the "50 starts" label underneath this post to see other posts in this category.

Comments

  1. LOL :D

    You're right about the discomfort thing. I like your painting and your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments - thanks for your feedback!

Popular Posts